Characteristics of Highly Performing Businesses
Part of Eric Miller’s business education was acquired during the time he spent employed at the Better Business Bureau. Eric loved working for the BBB as he saw firsthand what made a company great as well as why some businesses failed. What Eric discovered is that business success depends on the mindset of leadership in how they create a culture of interdependency. Another component was the ability to constantly innovate and deliver fresh offerings that build a community loyal to the brand.
When most people think of the BBB, they often think of the complaint department. While at the bureau, Eric became a student of why certain companies were less than spectacular when it came to handling complaints. Complaints were often lodged with companies that had customer satisfaction issues.
The Better Business Bureau that Eric Miller served had a fairly high level of successful outcomes with dispute resolution. It was interesting for him to observe how complaints were handled by various companies. The ones that answered complaints and used the mediation services had an entirely different leadership mindset than those with a high number of complaints left unanswered or unaddressed.
Business Tips From Lessons Learned
Over the years Eric Miller talked to hundreds of business leaders. The ones that had the fewest complaints for their business volume or had effective systems in place that delivered on the company’s mission shared similar characteristics.
In a nutshell these highly rated companies have the following characteristics
• The Leadership and staff are clear about “what” the organization does and “why” they do it. The team is empowered on “how” to fulfill customer engagements, before, during and after the sale.
• Leadership receives regular feedback from all stakeholders.
• Employees are crystal clear in their role of how to deliver more than what the customer expects.
• There is a culture of trust and the team is unified in driving the mission of the company.
• The company has an effective communication system for the customer lifecycle.
• The marketing and branding are consistent with the company’s product delivery.
Are you already a member of our community?
ENTREPRENEURIAL LEADER ESSENTIALS
Enhancing your leadership skills will help you to become a better leader both at home and at work. Fine tuning leadership skills will pay big dividends for years to come.
Join our community of Entrepreneurial Leaders just like you and become better - faster. It’s FREE!
Learn how to – Improve your leadership mindset - Create a culture of trust – Create the ideal employee avatar – Communicate more effectively with your team - Create a team that leads themselves – Create magical team performance – Know how you are successful and repeat - Create magical business performance – Create raving fans of your brand - Achieve your goals with an aligned team - Create a legacy