HOW TO DESIGN A PURPOSEFUL LIFE
Secrets for a Meaningful and Fulfilling Life Revealed
I’ve heard it said that if we aren’t purpose-driven about our lives, we’ll end up living someone else’s purpose. This concept keeps presenting itself as a result of all the disruptions in the past couple of years.
Without really being focused on your "why," the daily challenges of life, like dealing
with a needy client or an employee that just resigned, can make life seem as if we’re ticking off someone else’s HUGE to-do list.
The mention of the word purpose can seem cliché—or is it just me? Simply stated, purpose is the reason WHY we do something.
Purpose can be as complex as rallying the troops in a country under attack, or as simple as making sure your kids have food in their stomachs.
VISION TRANSLATES INTO PURPOSE
I have the privilege of being associated with a local nonprofit whose vision is to enhance the access to the economy for ALL local residents. During the height of COVID in 2020, they pivoted their mission to serve a group of people that were going to be evicted from their homes.
The Executive Director/CEO’s purpose was transmitted to all of the staff. Seeing these unsung heroes in action was awe-inspiring as they served marginalized people in their community.
In fact, back in mid-2020, they had less than thirty days to create a fine-tuned system from nothing. This phenomenal organization distributed over $16 million in emergency funding that prevented many from becoming homeless.
Great leaders define the “What” and “Why,” and then the “How” becomes the means to the end in living a fulfilling life of purpose.
How about you? Do you know your purpose? Has it been a while since you really thought about it? I would like to offer some questions for you to consider for re-evaluating your purpose.
1. What do you enjoy doing? What would make you jump out of bed in the morning? What sparks joy?
2. What is something you have always craved to do?
3. If you could do just one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
4. Whom do you want to help? For what reason(s) do you want to help them?
5. What is something about the world that you dislike and would like to change?
9. When you look to your past, what is something you have overcome or have helped someone else to overcome?
10. Who, outside of your inner circle, would you like to contribute to?
11. What career path attracts you the most?
12. If resources were no object, what would you ideally be doing with your life?
Knowing your purpose and then living on purpose makes life meaningful and fulfilling
REFRESH YOUR WHY JOURNAL – LIFE MASTERY JOURNAL SERIES
Have you tried everything you can think of to find purpose and achieve your goals but seem to be stuck in a holding pattern? Maybe it's time to refresh your why.
The Refresh Your Why Success Blueprint 30 Day Journal was designed to help you understand what you want, why you want it, and then assist you in creating an action map to close the gap from where you are now to where you want to be. This daily refresh will help you to focus on your highest values, which will give you endless motivation to do the activities that will get you to what you really want. Refresh your why and live on purpose.