HOW TO FIND YOUR BLISS
What Sparks Joy in You?
We all know that goal setting is very important. But setting goals that conflict with our innermost being can be ineffective in getting the outcome that we really want.
Are your values up-to-date? Not knowing what is most important to you can create a lot of inner turmoil. What we value emotionally, in life guides our path. We can work against our values because we are unaware of what they are from a conscious point of view. Without self-selecting our own values, we can allow others to select them for us.
CONNECTING ANOTHER DOT IN CREATING WELL FORMED OUTCOMES
I have to admit, much of the knowledge that I have today about setting goals is a result of doing it wrong in the past. Not just doing it wrong for a brief period of time in my life, but for many years. I’ve read a plethora of books, attended many seminars, and still missed the point of creating well-formed outcomes. I was one of those people that believed that choosing values was something that only needed to be done in my youth.
As I progressed in my career, I would either achieve goals and wasn’t happy about the outcome, or I would miss the goal entirely and feel less and less confident as time ticked by.
Purpose-driven people all have in common that they are crystal clear about what is most important to them and create values that guide their thoughts, emotions, and behaviors.
SIX STEPS THAT WILL HELP YOU TO LIVE IN YOUR BLISS
The missing link for me in creating well-formed outcomes was in knowing what sparked joy. The combination of not being current on my values and about what sparked joy, created a lot of frustration and inner conflict. How could I possibly do my genius work without having clear values and what sparked joy in me? Often times I self-sabotaged my efforts in goal achievement.
In its simplest terms, self-sabotage is stopping short in finishing what was started. It is the hesitation in going after a goal.
The way to overcome self-sabotage is to be crystal clear about what we value the most, know what sparks joy, and then take massive action in going after the goal.
Do you know what sparks joy in you? I discovered personally, the power of the six questions below. Using the Socratic method of questioning helps to reframe your mindset. Gain some powerful insight on what sparks joy by answering the questions below. Soon you’ll be setting goals that will enable you to get the outcome that you really want most.
LIST NUMBER ONE
1. During what events did you experience the most joy?
Think about some recent activities that you participated in. During those times which ones did you experience the most joy in doing them?
2. When have you felt victorious in doing certain things? When involving yourself in certain activities, when are you the most authentic? When do you consider yourself to be a natural? When does your genius come out?
3. When have you felt understood and accepted? Consider when others have seemed to have been captivated or inspired by what you were doing.
4. When did you feel the most excited and optimistic? When were your hopes high in achieving _______.
LIST NUMBER TWO
5. What experiences were challenging to go through, but later proved to be life-altering game-changers in defining who you are now? We can learn a tremendous amount about our deeper strengths when going through tough times. What experiences gave you the energy to get through challenging circumstances? What strengths were revealed to you? How can you now see the spark?
LIST NUMBER THREE
6. Write down 5 positive character traits that you like about yourself. What have others observed about you? How do these positive character traits contribute to your happiness and bliss?
REVIEW YOUR LIST
Take a look at all three lists. What observations can you make about these lists?
NEW MINDSET ACADEMY PERSONAL COACHING
You don’t have to go it alone. New Mindset Academy can help with personal coaching. Your coach is in your corner when you need encouragement to get over a hurdle. That same person is an expert in the areas that you want help to improve. They are always on your side and don’t have any bias that would influence the collaboration. Your New Mindset Academy personal coach will ask you deep and meaningful questions to help you identify what you really want in life and to better understand your world. Together, you will develop an action plan of real, attainable steps to move you closer to your bigger vision. This plan is really a map that will get you where you want to go for achieving your goals.